Lakes and Recreation
There are a variety of recreational resources located adjacent to Dominion Energy's facilities in several states that offer a multitude of adventures.
- Dominion Energy and Allegheny Energy jointly own a public recreation area that offers camping and fishing.
- Lake Anna is one of the largest freshwater inland lakes in Virginia, and its easy accessibility from several major cities makes it one of the most popular recreational lakes in the state.
- Explore recreation areas developed in accordance with Dominion Energy North Carolina's FERC Hydropower license.
- This 1200-acre lake is located in Grant County and is popular among fishermen, boaters and scuba divers.
- The Roanoke River offers a wealth of recreational opportunities, especially for whitewater enthusiasts.
- Recreation Resources - Roanoke Rapids and Gaston
- Roanoke River Whitewater Information
- Construction and Use Procedures
- Operational Modes
- Projected Flow Releases from Gaston Dam
- Projected Lake Gaston Water Levels
- Projected Flow Releases from Roanoke Rapids Dam
- Advanced Planned Recreational Releases (Roanoke River)
- Short-term Planned Recreational Releases (Roanoke River)
- Water Temperature and Dissolved Oxygen Monitoring (Roanoke Rapids Tailrace)