Bath County, VA
Dominion Energy and Allegheny Energy jointly own the recreation area, and it is operated by Dominion Energy. The FERC License Number is 2716. Dominion Energy Virginia opened the Bath County Power Station Recreational Ponds, near Back Creek, in 1989. There are two ponds (27 and 45 acres). The recreation area is open to the general public April - October. Facilities are open from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Fishing is permitted all year.
Recreation Area General Information:
- Motor vehicles must remain on roads and parking areas. No off-road or unlicensed vehicles may operate in the recreation area.
- Posted speed limit is 10 mph.
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited in all public use areas.
- Trash should be placed in receptacles.
- Firearms must be unloaded and cased in the recreation area. Discharging of firearms or fire works is strictly prohibited.
- Bow hunting and archery target practice are strictly prohibited.
- Objectionable behavior (noisy, abusive, threatening or indecent) is strictly prohibited.
- Turn in found personal items to the entry control station. Check with the recreation staff for lost articles.
Day Use Fees:
- A season parking pass is $25.00.
- Day parking is $2.00.
- The picnic shelter (reservations required) is $25.00.
- Payments may be made at the entry station Honor Box if no staff is present.
- A single campsite is $10.00.
- A primitive campsite is $2.00.
- Reservations are not accepted.
- Campers must register and pay total fee for expected stay before setting up.
- Fee receipts must be presented to recreation staff upon request.
- Campers under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Maximum occupancy is eight persons per campsite.
- There is a maximum of two vehicles per campsite. For larger sites an additional tent and boat trailer are permitted.
- Campsites may not be occupied for more than 14 days without previous permission of recreation area staff.
- Camp trailers may not be left unoccupied overnight.
- Check out time is 1:00 p.m.
- Camping in other than designated sites is prohibited.
- Quiet hours are 10:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.
- Please be considerate of other campers by not playing musical instruments, radios, TVs, electrical generators or other noisy devices during quiet hours.
- Please conclude group gatherings by 10:00 p.m.
- Campground restrooms are reserved for registered campers only.
- Tents, trailers and all motor vehicles must be placed on prepared gravel pads.
- Do not attach any device, rope, line or wire to trees or tree limbs.
- Fires are permitted only in fire rings, cook grills or personal camp stoves. Fires must be attended at all times. Only deadwood may be gathered for fires.
- Dish and clothes washing are not permitted in drinking fountains or comfort stations.
- Sewage may be dumped only at the designated dumping station.
- Place all trash/garbage in receptacles. Keep your area clean and report any problems to the recreation staff.
- Camping equipment unattended for 24 hours past last payment or abandoned will be impounded.
- Two pets are permitted per campsite or per vehicle visiting other areas.
- Dogs, cats or other animals must be caged or leashed (6' or shorter) in the recreation area.
- Pets are prohibited from the beach and bath house.
- Pets disturbing others must be removed from the area by its owner.
Beach, Ponds and Bath House:
- No lifeguard is provided at the swimming area and all swimming is at your own risk.
- Beach, swimming area and bath house are open daily from 10 a.m. until dusk.
- Children under 14 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Parents are responsible for the actions and safety of their children at all times in the recreation area.
- No pets are allowed on the beach or in the bath house.
- Structures are not allowed on the beach.
- Boats are allowed on the upper pond only.
- No gasoline or diesel powered boats are permitted.
- Fishing is permitted in the stream, upper pond and lower half of the lower pond.
- Special regulation areas for trout and large mouth bass apply. Virginia fishing rules and regulations apply to all other species.
- No gigging, trotlines or trapping are allowed in the stream or ponds.
- Do not feed the geese or ducks - keep the "wild" in wildlife.
- Do not discard or discharge any liquid or material into the ponds, stream or other waters.
- Trashcans are placed at many locations - please use them and help us keep the area clean.
- Do not disturb bird nest boxes or other bird nests.
- Please be considerate of the other creatures that enjoy the recreation area!
Emergencies and Security:
- In the event of an emergency use the red telephone at the entry control station. Picking up the receiver will contact the Bath County sheriff's dispatcher.
- Dominion Energy assumes no responsibility for the loss or theft of personal property of recreation area users. Incidents of loss or theft should be reported to the recreation staff.
Dominion Energy reserves the right to revoke camping and daytime use permits. In the event of such revocation, unused fees will be refunded.
Your comments are welcome and may be sent to:
Recreation Area Manager
Dominion Energy BCPSS
316 Power Station Road
Warm Springs, VA 24484
For complete information about fishing, facilities, regulations, plus maps, directions and more, visit the Virginia Dept. of Game and Inland Fisheries (VDGIF) website.