New Residential Customers - Virginia
Register to start new service. You will need:
- Your new street address (including the zip code and apartment/unit number if applicable)
- Your full legal name
- Social Security Number
- Email address
- Meter number at your new address (helpful but not required)
New Business Customers
Call us to start new service at 866-366-4357.
- Customer service is available 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday - Friday.
- Outside the United States: 001-757-857-2112.
- An automated response system is available 24 hours a day to report a power outage or electrical emergency (such as downed power lines), and check restoration updates.
About Starting Service
- Please provide us as much notice as possible so we can schedule your request for the date you need service. Orders are worked Monday through Friday only (excluding holidays), from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- A connection charge of $15.00 is required to start your electric service. This charge will appear on your first bill.
- A security deposit is required if you're a new customer or if you don't have satisfactory payment history within the last 12 months. Additional deposit options include the Irrevocable Letter of Credit and the Surety Bond.
- Our personnel will need access to the meter. Be sure the meter isn't obstructed by fences, trees/shrubs, buildings or animals. Residential customers: If the meter isn't accessible, an adult will need to be at your residence on the day of your service connection to provide access.
- For safety reason, we recommend turning off all appliances/equipment that you don't want energized when power is connected. We may also require all circuit breakers or fuses, including the main, to be in the "off" position before service can be connected. Specific instructions are provided during the service request.