Starting Your Service
Create your work request with eBuilder or contact us at 888-569-5700 to start the process. We'll contact you for details and a copy of the plat.
View service requirement below to prepare for our call:
- We'll visit the site to determine electric service needs.
- Metering Requirements – Electrical Requirements (Refer to The Blue Book - New Services, Temporary Services and sections 220 and 230, Metering and Meter Location).
- We'll determine any applicable customer charges and prepare necessary documentation such as Easement Process and Agreements.
- Easement and Agreement documentation will need to be signed and payments made to us.
- The customer is responsible for initiating the electric inspection from the county or city building inspector's office. The inspector's office will notify us of approval.
- Notify us when all of the items on the Site Ready Checklist are complete and ready for electric service.
Work Request Tracking
To track your work request, you'll need your Work Request Number.
Track Work Request
Installing Your Service
Construction schedules vary depending on size and scope of work. External factors like bad weather, emergencies or outages also affect construction scheduling. You'll be notified if your project is rescheduled due to these factors or if it's determined the site is not ready (see Site Ready Checklist).
If we need to perform digging, we'll contact Miss Utility to mark the existing public underground utility lines (e.g., electric, gas, cable TV, telephone, water). Miss Utility requires 2 days notice. Digging may then begin if all underground facilities have been properly marked.
Once requirements have been satisfied and your site is ready, we'll provide an approximate timeline electric service installation may begin.
Setting Up An Account
To apply for service and open an account for a neighborhood, subdivision or group of multiple homes, review the information below, then call us at 866-366-4357.
The following information is needed to set up your account:
- Legal name of company
- Name, address, and phone number for an officer and registered agent of the company
- Social Security Number (SSN) or Tax Identification Number (TIN)
- Contact Telephone number
- Mailing address
- Deposit Requirements - Depending upon credit verification, a security deposit may be required.
- Service Initiation Fee - A service initiation fee of $15.00 will be billed on the first bill.
Letter of Responsibility
A letter will be generated to any new commercial customer with a projected load of 500 KW or more. It states that a Dominion Energy representative will be in contact to execute the Agreement for the Purchase of Electricity contract.
To make sure the account is open when you need it, contact us as soon as you know your schedule. We need a minimum of 2 business days, excluding weekends and holidays.
Once construction is complete and the necessary inspections are received, we will set the meter.
Once Your Service Is On
Visit the Sign In page to register and you can sign up for eBill, make payments, etc.