DSM Non-Residential Opt Out
Dominion Energy Virginia is committed to meeting present and future energy demand effectively through a balanced portfolio.
This includes a combination of new traditional and renewable generation facilities as well as Demand Side Management (DSM) peak shaving and energy efficiency programs that provide a reliable supply of energy at the lowest reasonable cost to customers.
Currently approved energy efficiency programs in Virginia include:
- Lighting Systems & Controls (Non-Residential)
- Heating and Cooling Efficiency (Non-Residential)
- Window Film (Non-Residential)
- Income and Age Qualifying Home Improvement (Residential)
- Small Business Improvement (Non-Residential)
- Non-residential Prescriptive Program (Non-Residential)
Proposed DSM programs and Future DSM programs can be found in the company's Integrated Resource Plan.
Our approved energy efficiency programs represent a 1.11% energy efficiency savings from January 1, 2018 to December 31, 2018.
The Code of Virginia allows certain Large General Service (LGS) customers to file notices of non-participation regarding Dominion Energy Virginia's energy efficiency programs. Notices of non-participation are due by March 1 of the year in which a customer is seeking exception from the programs.
Completed notices are due to the address at the bottom of this page by March 1, 2018.
The documents and resources listed below under "Related Documents and Resources" are meant to:
- Support qualifying LGS customers in their decision making process.
- Supply Code of Virginia and Virginia State Corporation Commission reference documents.
- Provide our mailing address for LGS customers to send a "Notice of Non-participation:"
Dominion Energy Virginia
Energy Conservation - Opt Out
P.O. Box 26666
Richmond, Virginia 23261-6666
Related Documents and Resources
- Opt Out Information, Checklist, FAQs, and Rate Schedules
- SCC Rules – LGS Customers A5 Rider
- SCC Order – LGS Customers A5 Rider
- Virginia Code § 56-585.1 A 5 c
- Virginia Code § 56.576 Definitions