Outage Safety & Preparation
A plan can make dealing with outages easier.
- Keeping devices charged.
- Matches, candles, flashlights and batteries.
- Bookmark our website to easily report outages.
- Extra water and non-perishable foods on hand.
Before a Storm
- Check websites like Ready.gov to be prepared for various events.
- Consider surge protectors for sensitive electronics.
- If you have a portable generator, make sure it's fueled and know how to connect and use it safely.
- During the winter, be ready with snow removal equipment, rock salt to melt ice, and sand to improve traction.
- If severe weather is expected, turn off major appliances like heat pumps and water heaters. Unplug sensitive electronics that aren't surge protected.
Make an Emergency Supply Kit